On/Off switches for WiFi Routers and Protocol for the Use of Wireless Devices
BCCPAC calls on Boards of Education:
1. to provide on/off switches to WiFi routers; and
2. to establish a protocol of use that (i) WiFi routers and WiFi/3G functions of computers/laptops/tablets are to be turned on only when they are needed for access to the internet via the wireless network; and (ii) Bluetooth function is to be turned on only if it is needed for accessing other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
3. to observe safety warnings and follow safety instructions in the user manual of iPad by reducing the duration of use under wireless mode and keeping the iPads away from the students’ bodies.
Note: 1. and 2.(i) are for schools in which WiFi has been installed. 2.(i) and 2.(ii) are for all schools with computers, laptops and tablets that have WiFi/3G/Bluetooth functions.
3. is for schools in which iPads are used.
- Destination Letter - BCPVA. Resolutions 2013.6,2013.9,2013.11
- Destination Letter - MOH. Resolutions 2013.5 and 2013.11
- Destination Letter BCSSA - 2013.6 and 2013.11
- Destination Letter BCSTA Resolutions 2013.1,2013.2,2013.3,2013.6,2013.9,2013.11
- Destination Letter-BCTF Resolutions 2013.2,2013.6,2013.11
- Destination Letter-MOE. Resolutions 2013.1,2013.2,2013.3,2013.6,2013.7,2013.9,2013.11
- MOE Response to Resolutions 2013.1, 2013.2,2013.3,2013.6,2013.7,2013.9 &2013.11
- Response letter BCSTA Resolution 2013.11
- Response Letter MOE to Resolutions 2013.1,2013.2,2013.3,2013.6,2013.7,2013.9,2013.11