PAC Ed – The Parent Education and Development Workshop Series
BCCPAC initiated “On the Road Show” in the fall of 2001. Workshops were primarily facilitated by board members on a variety of PAC related topics.
PAC Ed goals were to:
- assist PAC/DPAC parent volunteers to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to become effective leaders;
- deliver workshops in the various regions of the province;
- charge the same fee regardless of host location;
- provide consistent and accurate content;
- provide professional standards in workshop facilitation;
As part of BCCPAC’s 2002-2005 Strategic Plan a contractor was hired to develop and launch the “PAC Ed Education & Development” workshop series. This series of 6 workshops was introduced in the Fall of 2002 with two additional workshops added in 2004.
The PAC Ed Workshop Series assisted PAC and DPAC volunteers to develop the skills, knowledge, and confidence they need to become more effective leaders in our school communities. The PAC Ed Workshop series was available to members from 2002 until 2007.